Suppose you are the principal of a school (nursery to Class XII) what kind of competitions will you organise for the school students to improve their talents?
– I’ll start a pseudo shark tank kind of competition where kids get to show their entrepreneurial talents.
– I’ll have a peer psychological counselling session, so kids can learn to empathise with each other, and know how it feels to be in others’ shoes.
– Hackfests at a school level.
– Side skills that can help them earn money apart from their main jobs like photography, movie making etc.
– I’ll also make a competition out of most weird and harmless and fun idea to implement in the school for a day. Something like senior year prank, but harmless and where all teachers participated.
– Apart from that, debates and other necessary skills that we already have in schools.
1. Creating websites/ blogs
2. Reading marathons like the sort they have in the US to encourage love for books
3. Cooking contests (incorporating good nutrition principles)
4. Photography, just as others mentioned
5. Poetry contests
6. My favorite- Math contests
7. Quinthurdles- with five different kind of skills to complete
8. For older students working in teams- ideas for a start-up company
9. Of course, debates and elocution- they are the best for public speaking
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.