Confused about life

Forums 1. General Chit-Chat Confused about life

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by nupoor_n nupoor_n 2 months ago.

• Author
    Shivangi.Chauhan Shivangi.Chauhan 

So, recently a month back I relocated to Delhi and soon started a new job(about which I shared on MG as well).  Well,  2 days into the job and I realized I don’t want to work here. There were many factors which led to this realization and I wouldn’t say I was or am right but I left the job because I wasn’t feeling happy being there. Soon I started applying again and faced rejections from most of the companies, a few I rejected. And this has been going on for a month now. I had felt absolutely hopeless, depressed and clueless about life and my decisions, I still do! I am low on savings and now wish to start something of my own. This is not an impulse decision but I know in my heart I always wanted to start something of my own. The only dilemma or fear I have is what if I didn’t succeed and have risked my jobs, time and money? What if in the end, I don’t have anything? But at the same time, I strongly feel that I have to risk everything to get started. This is a constant battle going on in my head where sometimes I wish I had a constant source of income and most times my urge to start something of my own overpowers.

Anj 
    Participant

HEy. DONT feel bad . YOU got time to learn new things. Start whatever u wished to start. SOoner or ltr you will succeed. I read somewhere like if you want to some experiment in life do that before u turn 30 bcz you would have enough time to recover even if you don’t succeed. All the very best

Thank you anj! :D You’re right about learning new things

Saloni_fizzy sparkles 

yes Shivangi, you will have to take a chance or you will never ever know the outcome.. doing it, not succeeding and then starting over is fine.. but not trying at all is not the right thing.. high risk, high retruns and low risk, low returns.. you can choose the right one for you.. and people who do not get jobs and have worked earlier do feel depressed… not you, but everyone does.. do start an instagram page that you were talking about.. follow other pages and see what they are selling and at what price, do update things that way.. and keep hunting for a job.. if your business starts working, then great and you an leave your job but if it doesn’t work, you still have a job.. and managing instagram page with work is fine :high5: so do go for it.. :jaiho:

Thanks Saloni for the motivation i so badly needed :D The thing is i am not sure if i will be able to settle for a job. Getting a job in delhi usually comes with long hours of travelling, which leaves no or less time to do something else. Considering this i thought tp give up on job searching and start with the business and this is what is the biggest leap of faith i have to take which scares me, to be honest. :(

Captain obvious Captain obvious 
    Participant

I would suggest you not to leave your job as you are low on savings and need a steady income as you say. Apply for other jobs meanwhile . Just give it another try. A lot of us dont like our work( including me) but have to continue for various reasons.

I would suggest you to take small steps towards your business with help of your family instead of jumping right into it. Once you see potential in it , then you can quit your job.
    just don’t give up on your dreams.

I agree with you and that’s what i had planned earlier but trust me i didn’t like what i was doing, travelling so much for a job which pays meagerly and secretly wishing i could something else. Also, realizing the fact that the job didn’t leave me anytime to put any efforts into somethings else. And you wrote my mind here :) That’s exactly the confusion going on to continue the job and slowly start something and realizing that unless i give my sweat and blood to what i desire, i may not see the outcome i wish for

nupoor_n nupoor_n 

Shivangi, I’d suggest you take a break and decide if you really dislike your job or your work location. If you don’t enjoy what you are doing in your job, then quit and follow the passion. If you like the work but not the workplace, then try getting another job, and do your side business, because as you said, you wanted multiple sources of income.
    A good employer is more difficult to find than a life partner, but once you find a place which you like, you’ll start loving the work again and won’t be drained at the end of the day to pursue your passion. :tongue:
    Since you’ve just changed your field to do something you actually liked, I am giving this suggestion. Had you still been in Infy and planned to continue in the same field, I’d have suggested you chuck everything and go for the dream.

makeupandbeauty.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.