How to deal with possessive husband

Forums 4. Family, Relationships And Personal Issues How to deal with possessive husband

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Captain obvious Captain obvious 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

We are married from 5 years, we have 2 year old girl. Everything looks perfect from outside. My husband is loving, caring. He love me and my daughter but the problem is that he is very possessive and anti social. He just try to control what should I wear or not, no deep neck tops or blouses, no short dresses. Dont talk to that man, dont do this, dont do that. I feel so suffocated. Sometimes I feel like packing my bags and leaving, but my daughter loves him and he is good dad too. Every time I try to talk to him he gets angry and we end in fight. Please tell me how to handle possessiveness?

ShikhaSS ShikhaSS 

I understand it’s tough, especially since you both have a child to take care of. The first thing you need to realise is that it’s just a part of your husband’s personality (an ugly part, but still JUST a part). Do not perceive him as a bad human being or let your love vanish. Then, try to find the reasons behind his insecurities and why he has trust issues. Obviously, communicate as much and as openly as possible without losing your temper. If nothing works for you, you can ask a third person (whom he respects) to interfere. I hope things work out for you.

Don't Worry, Be Sexy! ;)

Saloni_fizzy sparkles 

I agree with everything that Shikha said :high5: 50% men are that way so do not think that you are the one… my guy has always been very supportive and hence I have never faced this issue but a lot of my friends do and it is common with a lot of relationships.. you cannot change the way a person thinks immediately.. it will take time but communication is important … ask him for the reason he is behaving this way, is there a reason or his personality? do not compare your life to anyone, that will brig a lot of unhappiness :headbang: there are a lot of things about your husband that you might love, try focusing on that :high5: and do start little by little, wear sleevless with him, then make some blouses and take him to the tailor when you order, order clothes online that you like when he is next to you… start little by little :high5:

nupoor_n nupoor_n 

Get a therapist. They know how to tackle these emotional issues professionally without making a mess out it, we are not trained for such conflict resolutions. Find a therapist, talk your husband into going there and work on the marriage.

Captain obvious Captain obvious 

Observe the way your husband behaves with outsiders . As you mentioned about him being anti aocial , i doubt he suffers from inferiority complex and is projecting it out on you .
    Possessiveness to such an extent that it suffocates someone is not how men and women normally behave. Letting it go can create bigger issues tomorrow.
    I agree with neha. Since approaching him leads to fights , its better to visit a therapist

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.