Did you receive sex education as a child?

Forums 1. General Chit-Chat Did you receive sex education as a child?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Saloni_fizzy sparkles 10 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
     mansi jain 
    Participant

So guys did you ever had those one on one sessions with mom when she told you all about sex or received it during your school from the teachers or no one told you ever and you just believed what all your friends and google tell ?

nupoor_n nupoor_n 

I had my seniors explain it when I was in class 6th. My mom never really told me about the birds and bees. I think she guessed I would learn about it in Bio classes anyways.
    But I still laugh at the lame non veg jokes of a class 6th student. :biggrin:

Smita T 
    Participant

No, I didn’t receive it either from my mom or from school.
    I ‘officially’ learnt it in biology class.

But I first heard about it when i was in 6th or 7th std , a senior girl told me and my friend “Do you know what your parents did to have you??” and explained it a bit , and we were like cheeeee no my parents wouldn’t do that!! :rofl:

Anj 
    Participant

I didn’t get it from any where. And I was absent during that class I guess. Mujhe toh bahoot bad me mili. Bcz uttering word sex itself seems to be crime during school time me toh . :rofl: still I don’t know I ever discussed this with any one except my BF.

vaani 
    Participant

At quite a young age. I was in US when I began my schooling, till Class 6. My mom apparently called the school nurse when I was in Class 4 to give me ‘the talk’. The school nurse talked to me separately, explaining the birds and the bees which made sense only the next year when I got my period. By the time I joined school in India in Class 7 I was all-knowing and gave out the ‘gyaan’

Captain obvious Captain obvious 
    Participant

nope. My sources were friends and internet

Niruss Niruss 
    Participant

No one toldme but in class 6th i found a book in my home and i told one of my cousin sister from that day i came to know about this.

thecheekyDNA thecheekyDNA 
    Participant

Internet only..but i was curious as a kid.. in 6th, I asked my mam what is a condom because my mom refused to answer. Those days, in every cricket match breaks, these cricketers used to promote the usage of condoms! My mam actually explained it and I got to understand it really late!

ShikhaSS ShikhaSS 

We’re quite open with our parents but we (my sister and me) didn’t really get formal talk about sex. My elder sister had told me everything about periods when I was in 3rd-4th but I got to know about sex from my school friends. But I remember I once stole a condom from my parents’ locker as I was curious. I must have been 12 at that time. :hihi:

Don't Worry, Be Sexy! ;)

Madhur 
    Participant

My parents never did talked about sex ed. I got all the information from bio classes, friends and internet.

Shivangi.Chauhan Shivangi.Chauhan 
    Participant

Nope but was constantly made aware of different things as in if someone touches you inappropriately and other stuff then i need to tell my parents asap

Saloni_fizzy sparkles 

Yes there was no such education in the school.. but school and college friends were pretty open on this topic.. and yes my mom ofcourse.. there is no such thing that I cannot ask her :hihi: :high5:

makeupandbeauty.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.