Dry fruits and sooji halwa cupcakes for upcoming festivals and pooja prasaad

Forums 6. Food and Recipes Dry fruits and sooji halwa cupcakes for upcoming festivals and pooja prasaad

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Neet Neet 5 months ago.

• Author
    Neet Neet 
    Participant

We all love sooji halwa don’t we? I remember finger licking sooji-dry fruits halwa which my mom used to prepare for devi prasaad and festivals. How about making same halwa with little modern touch? We will make basic sooji-dryfruit halwa and mould it in cupcakes to make it presentable and appealing for our modern generation.. what say? :)
    You will need:
    1/2 cup sooji
    1/2 cup roasted and grinded almonds-cashews
    1 cup sugar
    2 tsp ghee
    4 cups water
    2 tsp cardamom powder
    5-6 pistachios or any nuts to decorate your halwa
    6 cup cake moulds or any mini cake mould to make 6 halwa cup cake

method:
    Heat ghee in open pan and add sooji, roast sooji on low flame till it becomes golden brown.
    meanwhile boil water along with sugar and cardamom powder in another pan
    Once sooji turn golden brown add in roasted grinded dry fruits and mix well. Now keep the flame on low and add boiling water to sooji-dry fruits mixture stirring continously to avoid lumps.
    Now cook it covered on low flame for 3-4 mins till the halwa thickens.
    Let it cool down a bit then startt moulding halwa in cupcake. fill the silicone/aluminum cup cakes upto brim and keep aside for setting for 15-20 minutes.
    After 15 minutes unmould the mini halwa cupcakes and garnish with chopped pistachios or nuts. They make delicious and wonderful appealing food for kids as well apart from adults.
    Try them this festive season, am sure you will not regret your time and effort to make this delicacy for your pooja as well as family.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Neet Neet.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

If you can dream it, you can do it..... :)

nehaabhi 
    Participant

Neetu any idea what recipes we can make in this pan?
    Apart from paniyaram..my daughter loves idli, a friend of mine makes some sooji recipe in this pan! help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Everything comes to you in the right moment, be patient...

Rati 
      Keymaster

neha please send some for me as well. :D

Everybody seeks happiness! Not me, though! That’s the difference between me and the rest of the world. Happiness isn’t good enough for me! I demand euphoria! :D

http://fashion.makeupandbeauty.com | http://instagram.com/ratitehrisingh

Neet Neet 
      Participant

Hi Neha, yes this is wonder pan. U can try sooji appe,kadhi pakodas, even vadas, lauki koftas, puas, moong daal pakodas… And many more mix veg pakodas or koftas versions. I m also eyeing this pan for my India visit.

Aakarsha Aakarsha 
      Participant

In that pan u can make something called gundu pongal (an andhra recipe). A recipe made using remaining dosa dough.
      I will add the recipe soon !

Rati 
    Keymaster

OMG! I am sooo drooling. I ade sooji halwa on kanjak. Dint know you could make cupcakes too. :)

Everybody seeks happiness! Not me, though! That’s the difference between me and the rest of the world. Happiness isn’t good enough for me! I demand euphoria! :D

http://fashion.makeupandbeauty.com | http://instagram.com/ratitehrisingh

Neet Neet 
      Participant

Yeah… Kanjak halwa chana is so so mouthwatering. My hubby loves to eat wid eyes as well n he is not sweet loving guy but he is always in to try these cupcakes. :)

Shivangi.Chauhan Shivangi.Chauhan 
    Participant

This is quite innovative and looks so yummy :drool: :drool:

Neet Neet 
      Participant

so sweet thanx shivangi.. :dance:

ShreyaPandey ShreyaPandey 
    Participant

Thank you for the recipe, Neet. I’ll try this for Ugadi festival next week. Also I’ll share my reviews.

Neet Neet 
      Participant

I Am glad you liked it.. :pompom: :pompom: Thanx shreya… :pompom: Andyes pls share your recipes, it wud be fun to know about diff cuisines.. :dance: :dance:

makeupandbeauty.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.