Healthy, easy breakfast idea- Daliya (Wheat porridge)

Forums 6. Food and Recipes Healthy, easy breakfast idea- Daliya (Wheat porridge)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  p3chen 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    pllvb pllvb 

This is one of my favorite breakfast dishes. So easy to make, super healthy and absolutely delicious. Here’s how I make Daliya.

Take a small cooker. Heat oil well and add a tsp of cummin seeds. Add in a small bowl of Daliya ( quantity for 2 people) Roast it till the Daliya turns brown and the raw smell disappears. Then add veggies of your choice (I added carrots, beans, lots of tomatoes, green peas), green chillies, coriander, red chilly powder and salt. Add water till the water level is slightly above all the ingredients added. Pressure cook for sometime ( 2 whistles) Serve hot with a dash of lime and ghee. :cool:

Tips-
    – The more the tomatoes, the yummier it tastes.
    – And the dash of lime changes everything. Don’t skip that part.
    – Be patient with roasting the Daliya in the first place.
    – Tastes best when eaten hot immediately after cooking.
    – Be generous when you add water. You don’t want a dry ball of pressure cooked Daliya on your plate.
    – Confused about how much salt to add? Taste the water just before closing the pressure cooker. The water must taste slightly salty and that’s when you know the dish has the right amount of salt. You can use this tip for all dishes wherein you add water before cooking. You are welcome :)

nupoor_n nupoor_n 

I am drooling Pallavi. I love tangy food. Let me share it with my cook. :jaiho:

mansi jain 

Will ask my mom to make this when I go home! So simple and healthy recipe :) Thanks for sharing!

Esha Esha 

This sounds so tasty. Can be a good dinner option too :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Dheeptha Kumar Dheeptha Kumar 

I’m gonna try this! :pompom:

Saloni_fizzy sparkles 

This sounds healthy and easy just like masala oats :high5: :high5: glad you shared this as I am going to stop on those packet wala oats :hihi:

ShikhaSS ShikhaSS 

I have this daliya quite often. My mom makes the best daliya in this world. :drool:

Don't Worry, Be Sexy! ;)

Madhur 
    Participant

I don’t like daliya but your recipe sounds delicious, will give it a try. :smile:

ID 
    Participant

This is our dinner on lazy winter evenings when I do not want to cook. A bowl of hot dalia with a dollop of ghee…bliss.

p3chen 
    Participant

Daliya is my favourite, infact it has successfully substituted rice in my diet :biggrin:

makeupandbeauty.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.