How to decorate a dupatta at home?

Forums 5. Fashion How to decorate a dupatta at home?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Madhur 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author
    ShikhaSS ShikhaSS 

I converted my old anarkali into a lehanga but the dupatta is quite light and doesn’t have anything except a thin border. Please share how can I decorate it at home so that it looks great with the lehanga. :cool:

Don't Worry, Be Sexy! ;)

San San 
    Participant

You can stick beads or stones or sequins or even 3D fowers.. depending on the work on ur lehenga.. .. if the lehenga has heavy work then just go light on the number of beads you stick on it.. by sticking them randomly and vice versa :pompom:

There is light at the end of the tunnel :-)

ShikhaSS ShikhaSS 

Thank you, San. Gonna look for some pretty beads today. :pompom:

Don't Worry, Be Sexy! ;)

Kat 
    Participant

Oh wow! I love the idea of turning anarkhali into a lehenga. I have one that I purchased 5 years back and have never worn. Been feeling pretty bad about it. I guess I will make it a lehenga too.
    Yes, you can stick stones to the dupatta.

ShikhaSS ShikhaSS 

Yes, that’s a great idea. I am going to turn another ethnic gown into a lehanga soon. Just waiting for someone to get married. :hihi:

Don't Worry, Be Sexy! ;)

Saloni_fizzy sparkles 

Stitch contrast coloured borders on the edges that will match your lehenga :high5: :high5: :high5: and also apply small stones all over the dupatta at equal distances :high5: and attach those dangling hangings on all the 4 edges which will perk up the dupatta :high5: :high5:

ShikhaSS ShikhaSS 

Thank you, Saloni. Loving the idea of adding these cute accessories. :high5:

Don't Worry, Be Sexy! ;)

jomolimbb 

Shikha, you can add sequins, latkans and those little ghungroos to your dupatta,……those cute colorful pompom latkans can add so much…..try it :dance:

ShikhaSS ShikhaSS 

Yes, latkans are totally missing. Would love to add the pompom ones. So pretty they are! :pompom:

Don't Worry, Be Sexy! ;)

jomolimbb 

Check these out:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     mansi jain 
    Participant

This is how y Duppatta looks. You can try something like this. Borders and gota work.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  mansi jain.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      ShikhaSS ShikhaSS 

Love your dupatta. I will definitely experiment with all these ideas. :balle:

Don't Worry, Be Sexy! ;)

Madhur 
    Participant

Yes go with colorful beaded ghungroos and latkan, they will totally glam up your dupatta. :yes:

makeupandbeauty.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.