How to take care of my skin during pregnancy?

Forums A9. Mommy Blues. How to take care of my skin during pregnancy?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Nidhi Nidhi 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
     Sonu 
    Participant

Hello All,

I am 5 months pregnant now. I am expecting my baby early next year and excited about it.

My query is regarding the Skin Care. I had terrible morning sickness in the first 4 months. I could not take care of my skin or hair. Now my skin looks very dull and have got small pimples. It is because of the rush of hormones and tablets. I use Avene cleanance gel twice a day for cleansing and apply Olay BB cream in the morning and Chanel Lotus oil at night. I don’t do anything apart from this. I heard many people glow during pregnancy. But I have lost all the glow and because of pimples marks, it looks even duller.

Can you please suggest any new products that should be added to my regime?

mansi jain 
    Participant

The most imporatant thing you should do is Eat home cooked food, Ladoos which is made specially for pregnant ladies, Lots of nuts and berries, fruits, greens. Because your skincare routine looks fine to me and I highly believe in the fact what you eat shows in your body. So eat good food, also no soda, pizza, burgers or anything. Add good amount of ghee in your food. You can check Rujuta Diwekar’s pregnancy book as well.

Saloni_fizzy sparkles 

Saffron+Yogurt+Gram Flour Anti-Tan Face Pack: DIY

This the above mentioned face pack … use it everyday… within 10 days your skin will glow a lot and you will be able to see the difference :high5: :high5:

Beauty and Skin Care Tips for Pregnant Women

Dos and Don’ts While You Are Pregnant: Keep Your Skin Safe!

jomolimbb 

Saffron+yogurt+besan

or multani mitti+ lemon

Exfoliate your skin thoroughly twice a week – that will get rid of the dull texture. Trust me, not everyone glows during pregnancy! Just follow a healthy diet and enjoy your pregnancy.

ShikhaSS ShikhaSS 

Follow the tips mentioned above and enjoy this phase. :high5:

Don't Worry, Be Sexy! ;)

Nidhi Nidhi 
    Participant

It could all be hormonal. I never had any pregnancy glow, and not all women have that. You can try the packs that people have suggested, however they may not help.
    Since our bodies undergo a lot of hormonal changes during pregnancy, it is best to stick to your usual routine and not pay too much attention to it.
    I had bad dark spots on my face during pregnancy, they vanish 1-2 weeks after delivery.

Regarding diet – NEVER indulge in much ghee, laddoos, dry fruits etc :nono: :nono: :nono: . Always east in moderation, and eat whatever your doctor suggests.
    Not all pregnancies are same, so stop comparing yourself with pregnant beauties, and enjoy your time. :balle: :balle:

If I need the moon, I'll bring it down myself!

makeupandbeauty.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.