I want to rent out jewelry for my marriage

Forums A6. Wedding and Bridal I want to rent out jewelry for my marriage

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Dheeptha Kumar Dheeptha Kumar 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
     RBhanushree 
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum but I have been following IMBB advise for years. First of all, thanks for your wonderful reviews. They have saved me tonnes of money :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: . I was wondering whether any of you will know a place where I can rent authentic gold jewelry. My marriage is fixed for in May and I don’t want to spend money on a Kamarbandh which I will never use again. So planning to rent it out. Has anyone rented out gold jewelry from Hyderabad/Bangalore/Chennai? How was the experience? I don’t mind paying the security deposit.

Also, what is your opinion on gold plated jewelry? Does it look the same as the original one?
    I found Eves24, Rentjewel, rentsher, suhanipittie and Vaadamalar online which rents out jewelry. Has anyone done this before? What is your opinion?

Love,
    Bhanushree.

Suchitra Suchitra 
    Participant

Hello. Welcome to MG!
    I rented jewellery for my wedding and reception. I rented a Jodha Akbar style choker necklace for my reception. It made sense to me because I don’t wear that kind of jewellery at all but my reception kind of justified that kind of huge jewellery. That kind of jewellery shows up well in photographs as well. I think wearing real or artificial gold today depends on your own choice. In fact, artificial gold jewellery comes in patterns and designs that would be difficult to source in pure gold. Maybe you could stick to one pure gold piece like a gold chain or necklace and mix and match the rest with your wedding dress.
    All the best! And Congratulations on your wedding.

Be Positive and Keep Smiling! You are beautiful!!!

Smita T 
    Participant

Welcome to the forum!! I think its a fab idea!! Wedding jewellery will hardly be used again so its wise to rent. I think artificial \ gold plated jewellery will work well, my mom and I both have gold plated jewellery that people believe is real gold. It looks just like gold, and comes in much fancier designs than gold. In fact it lasts quite long too. You will have much more to choose from in gold plated jewellery. You can buy basic jewellery like necklace \ bangles \ earrings in gold and the rest like kamarbandh \ baju bandh \ maang tikka \ long necklaces \ hand jewellery in artificial, if you are comfortable with it.

ShikhaSS ShikhaSS 

Welcome, RBhanushree! Yes, rented jewellery is a great option for weddings. I know a lot of shops in Delhi but not sure about Hyderabad/Bangalore/Chennai. :shy:

Don't Worry, Be Sexy! ;)

jomolimbb 

Hi Bhanushree,

Had to buy every bit of gold, but don’t wear plated jewellery. Even if it’s just a chain or a bangle, wear authentic. Are you a telugu? If yes, then you can wear colorful glass bangles. I have never rent out gold, so don’t know about places where you can pick such things for rent.

One important thing – gold jewellers like Malabar gold, Joy Alukkas would let you buy their necklaces for marriage and then you can return them say within two days of your marriage and pick up other wearable gold items without charging extra money. I had one big necklace which I knew I wouldn’t wear and the jeweller let me pick up chains and bangles after I returned the necklace after two days of my marriage. Try it!

Saloni_fizzy sparkles 

Yes rented jewellery is a great option to go for since you won’t wear heavy jewellery all the time.. rented jewellery has a wide variety.. :high5: :high5: 24 plated gold jewellery would be good but it won’t look real.. you can make our an artificial look.. rent it froma good place, so that all the procedure goes smooth :high5:

Dheeptha Kumar Dheeptha Kumar 

Anmol Palace,
    Ispahani Centre,
    Chennai. :smile:

makeupandbeauty.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.