I want to tell my neighbors how to treat their kids

Forums A9. Mommy Blues. I want to tell my neighbors how to treat their kids

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by pllvb pllvb 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author
    nupoor_n nupoor_n 

The society in which I stay has lots of kids, and I usually go and play with them or interact with them whenever I see them in the lift or some place else. Now there is this one family, who lives in the same building as me, and I hate the way they treat their kid. Whenever they come in the lift with me, the kid would be all smiling and interacting with me, and the mother would be poker-faced asking her not to play, or interact. I thought it’s a one time thing. Other time, the girl was talking little loudly, well squealing happily for some reason, when the father rudely shouted at her to talk gently. The kid looked horrified and got silent. She should be 2-2.5 years old.

I am not judging their parenting, but I just get this negative vibe from that family. The girl is absolutely amazing but the mom and dad are crazy. Whenever I see her, I feel like telling that kid she is beautiful, she is important like in the novel The Help. I just hope the child remains as happy as she is.

Saloni_fizzy sparkles 

That is so bad.. no doubt it totally depends upon the parents to treat their kids the way they want because they are their kids.. but this is so bad and that too happening with a 2 year old kid.. they deserve so much pampering in this age and childhood days never come back.. if they keep treating her this way, then it may have an impact on her in her latter life :cry: :cry: I hope the parents understand how to handle a kid :headbang:

Dheeptha Kumar Dheeptha Kumar 

Some parents! :headbang: I wish they stop treating her that way. :sad:

Madhur 
    Participant

It’s sad really how some parents behave with their kids. I also hope that the kid remains happy forever. I once saw a woman slap her 2 year old kid in metro because she was running out when the door opened! She is a child of course she will run around and play, it was that woman’s job to hold her and not let her go. Some parents are hideous. :pan:

Shivangi.Chauhan Shivangi.Chauhan 

Why they would behave so rudely with a 2 year old?! I hope she be happy all the time :D

René René 
    Participant

Perhaps they thought that she was bothering you. I don’t think they meant any harm. Maybe they are just serious people and want their child to grow up to be well-mannered. Personally, I’m not sure if it is a good idea to be so strict and controlling but maybe they are first time parents and worry too much about their child.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly, can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy, Cape Town (1966)

ShikhaSS ShikhaSS 

Maybe they do not want their kids to mingle with strangers a lot or maybe that’s the kind of parenting they like. You anyway cannot do much about it. Let them be and learn their lesson when she grows up to be a rebel.

Don't Worry, Be Sexy! ;)

jomolimbb 

Some parents are like that – actually some families are like that, and it’s most probably pretence – but stifling a child’s growth or development is bad. Scare the shit out of the parents Nupoor – tell them the child would have personality disorders in the future, that should set them straight :pan:

pllvb pllvb 
    Participant

That’s just so mean! :pan: This playful child is going to soon be quiet and then anti social thanks to her parents. :nono: I think the next time when you meet the kid, say hi and strike a conversation and if the parents poke their nose tell them that you are just talking to the sweet kid and mean no harm. And if they continue to act mean tell them to mend their ways or even their cute kid will grow up to be a mean adult like them. And we don’t need more mean people in the world. Enough already with meanness :headbang:

makeupandbeauty.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.