Is facial steaming every-day good for the skin?

Forums 1A. Skincare Is facial steaming every-day good for the skin?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Saloni_fizzy sparkles 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author
     Saloni_fizzy sparkles 

So there was this thing I was very confused about. I was asked by a doctor to take steam every-day to keep cold away as I keep getting it and then a migraine but I read somewhere that steaming your facial skin every-day is not the best thing to do! Is that true? Can I steam the facial skin every-day or not? Super confused :biggrin: :headscratch:

Dheeptha Kumar Dheeptha Kumar 

Actually, you can steam your face everyday without adding anything to the water. However, to keep cold and flu at bay, add few drops of eucalyptus oil and you can do this for once in two days. I have always followed this when I had so many breakouts. :smile:

Smita T 

If you are doing it for 5-7 minutes theb it is not a problem, I guess. Steaming excellent for colds so I think you should go ahead.

Shivangi.Chauhan Shivangi.Chauhan 

Steaming everyday can make your skin dry. it dries out the skin.

Madhur 
    Participant

I also read that steaming face everyday is not good because you may have open pores which won’t close easily, and could lead to break-outs. Since it’s a matter of your health, take steam but for few mins and afterwards use ice to close the pores. Or maybe take steam 3-4 times a week? Now I want to hear opinion of other people too, because I get cold easily too and doctor always instruct me to go for steaming.

Saloni_fizzy sparkles 

Yaaaaa Madhur I have a habit of using one ice cube for the skin every-day.. may be I can take the steam and then use the ice cube which will close the pores easily.. haan it gave me pimples.. you can also get that steam vessel with a nose shape cut :high5:

tanya20025 
    Participant

I heard that steaming everyday might open up the facial pores and makes them visible. Don’t know how much of it is true though.

Tanya

ShikhaSS ShikhaSS 

I have also heard theory, so I do not think it’s a good idea.

Don't Worry, Be Sexy! ;)

Saloni_fizzy sparkles 

Yaaaaaa pores look the same but my skin has surely opened and I got a lot of pimples :cry:

mansi jain 

Saloni even my mom was advised to do this daily because of sinus problem she had and it resulted in lots of open pores and pimples in her face.So she bought a pot which is cut in shape of nose so the steam only go to your nose and helps you,and does not effect other part of thr face. You can search for it in any medical store!

Saloni_fizzy sparkles 

Yessss I had that nose wala flask and it broke.. even I have started to get pimples again because the steam everyday :headbang: :headbang: will have to get that one asap :run: :run:

Mimly 
    Participant

Once I was told by a beautician that facial steaming causes dryness of the skin…

Saloni_fizzy sparkles 

Ohhhh is that? :headbang: :headbang: My skin has not become dry yet.. but I just hope it doesn’t as my skin looks totally aged when it dries :hihi:

makeupandbeauty.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.