Is it possible to weight train at home?

Forums 8. Health and Fitness Is it possible to weight train at home?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  mansi jain 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Sumedha Sumedha 
    Participant

I have started taking care of my health and got into fitness recently. I’m not obese or overweight, I just want to tone my body and improve overall fitness. I’m doing high intensity 15 minute cardio, abs, 4 minute full body workout; switching these alternately. Now I learnt that without weight training it is not possible to lose fat. Since I want to lose a bit of belly fat I want to start weight training. I do not want to join a gym at all. Will it be possible for me to weight train at home by myself? And also will dumb bells be enough to weight train?

Earth without art is just 'Eh'.

Rati 
    Keymaster

Hi Sumedha, Dumbless would be enough to weight train at home. Bit with weight training if you have never done with a personal trainer before, you should take it with a bit of caution. Weights can pull muscles and cause injury without even you realising. It has a lot to do with your posture. if you really want to then start with lighter weights. Good luck. :) and belly fat you can reduce without weights with abs exercises and some diet control as well. :)

Everybody seeks happiness! Not me, though! That’s the difference between me and the rest of the world. Happiness isn’t good enough for me! I demand euphoria! :D

http://fashion.makeupandbeauty.com | http://instagram.com/ratitehrisingh

Captain obvious Captain obvious 
    Participant

There are workouts that involve body weight and can be done at home. Dumb bells are enough
    “Hasfit ” channel on youtube has videos for beginners as well as advanced level. I felt they properly explained the workouts

ShikhaSS ShikhaSS 

Yes, it is but you need to focus on your form and posture while lifting weights. You can begin with workout routines that involve your own body weight and then graduate to dumbells. :high5:

Don't Worry, Be Sexy! ;)

Saloni_fizzy sparkles 

I think it is important to learn the best postures before lifting dumbells or it might just go wrong… and you can always download those apps and do exercises for the belly at home to lose it :high5:

mansi jain 

Frankly I won’t suggest you weight train at home if you are a beginner. Invest some money on a good trainer and start with them. One wrong step can get you in bed rest for a long time!

makeupandbeauty.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.