My chemical peel experience updated with pictures

Forums 1A. Skincare My chemical peel experience updated with pictures

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  SohelaM 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
     Krishnali 
    Participant

Dear all,

I wanted to update you on my experience as its been one week and my skin is back to normal. I want to share my experience because I think it may help someone who is considering to get this procedure done.

So, I did my chemical at Apollo Hospital, Hyderabad. The dermatologist I went to was Dr. Radha Shah. She first cleaned my face with alcohol to remove any dirt and applied 10% TCA peel. She did just one layer as I could not bear the extreme burning. I was able to keep the peel on my face only for 1 minute or even less as it was painful. While applying the peel, she kept asking me whether I was fine and when I told her it was burning too much, she told me to go and splash lots of water on my face to neutralize the peel. Mind you, it’s not a spa like experience where someone will fan your face and then they will wash your face with water. My experience was just a normal medical procedure that is done at any doctor’s clinic.

The entire process took less than 5 minutes. After that, she gave me a steroid cream and sunscreen to apply. She advised me to avoid the sun and to apply sunscreen at all times. After 2 days, she told me to resume my normal skin care routine.

My face was very red and tight the next 3 days. All the spots on my face, even the ones which were faint before the peel, appeared extremely dark under the tight and wrinkly skin. My peel started on 4th day and my chin and laugh lines were the first places to start peeling. I had taken leave from my office as I was preparing for my GRE exam, so I did not have to go out at all. I looked like a zombie and I felt extremely conscious to appear even before my family. There is no way that I could have gone out in public like that.

On 7th day, my peeling stopped. My forehead was the last are which peeled. Even though my dermatologist told me I could start my normal skin care routine after 2 days, I did not take any chances. I washed my face with Cetaphil and applied LA Shield sunscreen which my doctor gave me. Whenever I felt extremely dry and itchy, I applied a little bit of Cetaphil lotion.

Coming to the results, my skin texture and pore size definitely improved, my tan got removed completely but there was no drastic improvement in the dark red post acne marks, there was just a slight change. My dermatologist told me that this single process alone will slowly improve my skin over the course of a few months. There was no change in any indented scar.

I will not be doing this again anytime soon because I need to go to my office and I cannot afford to look like a zombie in a professional environment.I have added a few pictures for your reference. Hope my experience will provide good information.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     mansi jain 
    Participant

Can definitely see a difference! Now after reading it burns like hell, I am skeptical that I should go or not. I have zero pain tolerance.

Krishnali 
      Participant

Hey..the burning lasts just for a minute or so..after that it’s gone, if you think this procedure will help u, then go for it, the burning will go away in seconds

Saloni_fizzy sparkles 

That surely shows a lot of difference.. your skin looks soo much more better.. this before after thing has totally intrigued me to try this chemical peel once :high5: :high5: loved the effect on you :jaiho: :jaiho:

Chayanti Chayanti 
    Participant

Definetly your​skin looks beautiful and better. It sounds promising and good as well.

vaani 
    Participant

The effects look good in the first try itself… how much does this cost?

Shivangi.Chauhan Shivangi.Chauhan 
    Participant

The difference is amazing but i would always be skeptical to do anything like this :P

SohelaM 
    Participant

The difference is remarkable. I use chemical peels instead of physical exfoliators at home. I am too much of a wuss to go in for a professional peel.

makeupandbeauty.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.