Not going to temples during periods-Do you follow that?

Forums 1. General Chit-Chat Not going to temples during periods-Do you follow that?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Chayanti Chayanti 4 days, 6 hours ago.

• Author
     Saloni_fizzy sparkles 

This has been a myth or a rule I don’t know what to say but most of the people follow this rule of not going to the temple or God during periods saying God doesn’t like that impurity. If God would consider it impure, why would he create it? In-fact that is how a baby is formed .. I don’t follow any such rule, I pray going near the God every day even when I am in periods, and be it the Ganesh festival, Navratri or any pooja, I do go. I read about a scientific reason behind it, that earlier the temples used to be very much away from the houses and women used to walk a lot and go and hence the bleeding would increase, when this told this, they still did not listen and went and hence a religious reason like like was created.. but as we know, everyone has their own set of myths.. do you follow this rule? :high5:

Mimly 
    Participant

Yes dear I follow this rule of not going to temple during periods.i feel that though I may look little conservative going to temple during periods may create sum kind of sin ,so I avoid going to temple for these days

Saloni_fizzy sparkles 

Hehe yes don’t worry, you may not sound conservative :high5: :high5: a lot of people infact most of the people follow, so that is perfectly fine :high5: :high5: :high5:

ShikhaSS ShikhaSS 

I do not follow this and my mom has never even asked me to. :high5:

Don't Worry, Be Sexy! ;)

Saloni_fizzy sparkles 

Glad that our parents have changed their mind-sets as well :high5: :high5:

vaani 
    Participant

my mom used to gently suggest to me to avoid going in temples during periods so i went along with that and never thought much about it. once on a family trip, i hesitated going in temple as it was one of ‘those days’ so my dad questioned why i wasn’t going in as i am usually fond of visiting temples. when my mom told him the reason he said that is no reason and i should not avoid going to temple if i feel like going. since then, i go to temple whenever i want, whether i am on period or not.

Saloni_fizzy sparkles 

wowwww that is so nice… kudos to your dad :high5: :high5: :jaiho: :jaiho: it is so nice of him :jaiho: this world surely need more dads like that who support their daughters in everything :high5: :high5:

Smita T 
    Participant

My mom told me not to follow this rule so I personally don’t. I’m glad I was brought up this way – I would hate having to miss festivities because of periods!!!

Gunjan R 
    Participant

Hey! I am an agnostic, and question everything. I am not a follower of rules that don’t have any logical explanation but I respect others beliefs and rituals, so I don’t go. I believe what’s created by God can’t be a sin especially when it’s the only way to give birth to a life. :)

Nemesis 
    Participant

I strictly follow this rule that men so considerately made for the benefit of women. In fact, I follow it so rigorously that I never step foot inside a temple, who knows I might carry something impure with me. Since the founders of religion restricted access to temples and thus, Gods to women and lower castes, I make sure to not disturb these prejudiced gods.

Chayanti Chayanti 
    Participant

I have lots of problems with such rules.. My mom follows but she never forced me to do the same. So I don’t fo :waa: llow it.. 🤗

makeupandbeauty.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.