Are salon treatments for dandruff effective?

Forums B4. Hair Care Are salon treatments for dandruff effective?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Shivangi.Chauhan Shivangi.Chauhan 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

• Author
     saisha.star 
    Participant

Hey Girls

I would like an advice from all you beautiful girls out there, I have severe dandruff problems

It’s been there for ages and gets very embarrassing, I have very frizzy hair and oily scalp, and I have a lot of gray hairs also now, at 22 my hairs spoil the whole look. :headbang: Though I know a lot of home remedies, but haven’t been able to do it regularly, I would want to know

Though I know a lot of home remedies¬†but haven’t been able to do it regularly, I would want to know if any of you have taken the anti-dandruff treatments at Salons, local or at Kaya, and what is the¬†feedback. How effective are they?

nupoor_n nupoor_n 

Hi you do realise that your issue has persisted despite trying home remedies. Have you ever consulted a dermatologist? High chances are you have a fungal infection causing the dandruff. Dandruff caused by dryness is very different from fungal one, and generally doesn’t last long. Please consult a dermatologist instead of going to local salons or Kaya.

pllvb pllvb 
    Participant

Salon treatments are great for the look of the hair. Factors like shine, colour and maintenance are taken care of by salon treatments. For a problem like dandruff, one must find out the root cause. You must consult a dermatologist.

As for your frizzy hair and grey colour problem, that can be taken care of. Go for hair colour and a hair spa. Also, oil your hair at least once a week. Your hair will definitely look better and you will feel more confident. :cool:

Saloni_fizzy sparkles 

Yes like everyone said.. if your dandruff has been there for too long, fungal infections might occur.. my friend got them and it totally took a toll on her head skin..so do consult a doctor or just try the home remedies regularly to see if the dandruff goes or not! :high5:

ShikhaSS ShikhaSS 

My sister has a bad dandruff issue and only dermatologist-recommended tips and products worked for her. I think you should also go see a medical expert and not a beautician.

Don't Worry, Be Sexy! ;)

Dheeptha Kumar Dheeptha Kumar 

NO! I tried salon treatments for my dandruff – biggest mistake of my life :headbang:
    Please consult a dermatologist and get it treated. You won’t regret :smile:

shraddha p shraddha p 
    Participant

No salon treatment would work.dandruff is becuse of fungal infection and dry scalp.so consult dermatologist

Shraddha

tanya20025 
    Participant

As suggested by everyone, please visit a dermatologist for your dandruff condition.

Tanya

saisha.star 
    Participant

Thank you girls for the replies and suggestions

I tried consulting a dermatologist , He recommended a hair spray Topisal and shampoo followed

What that resulted in was split ends and even drier , thinner hairs , caused a lot of frizziness ,

I had to cut my hairs really short because of excessive split ends it caused

That helped me control the dandruff, in fact it had gone for a while only to come back very soon

but may be another dermatologist would be better idea

Shivangi.Chauhan Shivangi.Chauhan 

I think you should consult a doctor for this issue.

makeupandbeauty.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.