Shampoo & Conditioner Dilemma!

Forums 2. Makeup and Beauty Shampoo & Conditioner Dilemma!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by ArpitaNandi ArpitaNandi 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    VijetaNagar VijetaNagar 
    Participant

Hi guys,
    i am here to talk about my most irritating problem today.. need help!

i am in ahmedabad and water here is so so bad that my hair have turned frizzy, hard, rough.. and what not.
    i straightened my hair twice in 4 years just so that they look neat and managed, but dont want to do it anymore now. so i am in a look out for a good shampoo as nothing works here.. even freshly washed hair look so bad and non-fresh. i have been experimenting with many brands and everytime i buy a shampoo the SA forces me to but same brand’s conditioner. cause of this i have so many conditioner lying as i dont use them freq at all. and whenever i tell the SA that i dont need a conditioner as i have so many already she is like “no no no” dont ever do that ..
    i just cannot keep on buying conditioners like this which i dont even use.
    Is her reaction just ??? do i really need to stick to shampoo – conditioner combo!??
    pl help ladies :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Saloni_fizzy sparkles 

No I do not follow this rule at all… for exaple my hair is coloured and damaged.. so I use the shampoo for coloured hair and conditioner for damaged hair and it works really well :high5: :high5:

ShikhaSS ShikhaSS 

I never do what SAs tell me. You don’t have to use a shampoo and conditioner combo for best results. I also use different products and they work well for me. You must also include a deep conditioning or repairing mask in your hair care regimen. Also, some more tips for you:

7 Tips for Washing Hair in Hard Water

Don't Worry, Be Sexy! ;)

ArpitaNandi ArpitaNandi 
    Participant

I used to have ‘Sai Baba hair’, as people used to call it earlier. It was frizzy and unmanageable, up until three years ago. I switched to a very very mild herbal shampoo, and on the first day I used it, I skipped conditioner just to see how the shampoo fared. Surprisingly, my hair stayed soft and manageable until my next hair wash. Also, I make it a point to do a proper coconut-oil (sometimes mixed with olive & mustard oils) once every week, or at least every fortnight. Now, even if I skip oil occasionally, or go for a strong clarifying shampoo one or two times, my hair behaves well. So I say, give the chemical conditioner a miss for a while, and switch to coconut oil and mild shampoo.

If that does not work for you, you can try what many girls in Bangalore do- use Bisleri to wash their hair. It is an expensive process, but they insist it works for them.

Live well and love better!
    Arpita
    Sugar And Spice And All That's Nice

makeupandbeauty.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.