Share few basic recipes for lunch and dinner

Forums 6. Food and Recipes Share few basic recipes for lunch and dinner

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mansi jain 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
     mansi jain 

I have started cooking every day for myself, but I am out of things I can make. I mostly make Chapati, curry or rice and dal. What are few more options I can try for lunch and dinner? Please suggest easy and quick recipes.

René René 
    Participant

Jeera-aloo, raitas, rajma, channa, fried rice, egg burji, paneer burji, pasta are some basic recipes that you can try.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly, can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy, Cape Town (1966)

Shivangi.Chauhan Shivangi.Chauhan 

you can also try upma, poha

Shuchita Shuchita 
    Participant

Pulao, whole grain pasta with veggies, poha, quinoa (made pulao style), khichdi, aloo bharta, besan chila, paneer subzi in different forms, egg curry etc.
    To make things simpler, invest in a good chopper which can even puree onions and tomatoes. You can also make tomato-onion-ginger masala ahead of time in large quantities and freeze it.
    You can also chop veggies on the weekend and throw them in the freezer.
    I make palak paneer by pureeing spinach with onions and tomatoes.
    Also you can use a microwave to soften some veggies upfront (takes 1-2 minutes for a cup of most veggies), then use them for cooking on the stovetop.
    I always use boiled potatoes for all my cooking.
    Tofu and soya nuggets are also easy to cook in curries.

mansi jain 

Thank you Shuchita. Sorted for month now. Will plan my meals as per your ideas.

makeupandbeauty.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.