Softer Hair With Baking Soda

Forums B4. Hair Care Softer Hair With Baking Soda

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Shivangi.Chauhan Shivangi.Chauhan 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

• Author
     Smita T 
    Participant

So baking soda has been in my closet for beauty hacks since a long time. Commonly used as a scrub or pack on the face, I would like to share my experience of baking soda on hair. I straighten my hair twice a week which makes my hair rough. Adding on is of course pollution and lifestyle. So once a fortnight or so, I take 1/4th cup baking soda , add some water in it, and pour it on my hair, rub it gently and wash it off after a few minutes. I do this post-shampooing and pre-conditioning. This process helps get rid of build up and softens hair!! In fact I have noticed baking soda will soften everything you use it on, whether you use it as a hand scrub or foot scrub or face scrub\ pack. So here was my tip, Have you used baking soda for hair?

shubra 
    Participant

Smita this sounds like an awesome hack :high5: and my hair is in dire need for some pampering. :waa: Have you used baking soda as a scrub or for blackheads??If yes can you please share your experience. :smile:

Smita T 
      Participant

Hi Shubhra, Yes it is an awesome hack. Do try it!

I have used baking soda as a scrub and also as a pack. As scrub – it is kind of harsh on my skin so I avoid it. As a pack, it works well, I just add few drops of water and evenly spread it all over my face, i take it off after 15-20 minutes. I look brighter and whiter, and face feels much softer. But baking soda can be harsh, so don’t do it too frequently. Just once or max twice a week.

shubra 
      Participant

Thank you so much Smita :smile: Yeah even I was skeptical about using baking soda as a scrub but now I will use it as a face pack.

Smita T 
      Participant

:yes:

Dheeptha Kumar Dheeptha Kumar 

Sounds great! I will use this to soften my super frizzy hair :smile:

Saloni_fizzy sparkles 

Yes baking soda is super good when it comes to removing all the build-up.. it works well as a clarifying agent :high5: :high5:

Madhur 
    Participant

That’s a great hack Smita. I have used baking soda on skin but never on hair. Will try this method. :yes: :high5:

Shivangi.Chauhan Shivangi.Chauhan 

This sounds great smita! Thanks for sharing

makeupandbeauty.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.