Some Sweet Forum Rules For Madam Gupshup

Forums 1. General Chit-Chat Some Sweet Forum Rules For Madam Gupshup

This topic contains 29 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by Sapna_prasad Sapna_prasad 11 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
     Sanjeev 
    Keymaster

Hey all :)

I’m having a bit of a peaceful day today so I’m finishing some small tasks which have been pending for some time. One of those was to jot some guidelines for our MG regulars here. Fortunately, most of you are already considerate and savvy to take care of these things automatically without asking. I’m still writing it down so that I don’t offend you when you see that I have ‘edited’ any of your replies or topics.

Before I start, do know that whatever you are sharing here is special and very helpful. From toner for sensitive skin to convincing your parents for marriage; it is special because you decided to share it with us on a personal level, and it is helpful because there are hundreds coming after you who would read it and take help from that. In essence, the job of a forum is to be both personal and helpful. All the guidelines are intended to be that way.

So here we go, in random order! :smile:

1. When you create topics, do try to find a suitable title which contains the gist of your post. It helps readers to sort what they want to read. Not only that, imagine that two years later it would help a person to find the solution to that specific problem. Titles such as ‘please help,’ ‘suggestions needed’ ‘confused’ do not help the reader in pinpointing what is your post all about. So try to find a precise title. :smile:

2. Don’t type your title in capslock. Capital letters feel like ‘shouting’ in the internet world. We don’t want to be rude to others, do we? :smile:

3. We do allow our users to post links, videos, images etc. but do post them with care. In order to ensure that the advice/sharing is coming from a genuine person and not someone whose sole purpose is to promote something/ someone we keep an eye on links/ videos being posted in the forums. So post them when they are needed. Don’t try promotional stuff.

4. For bloggers who want to link their blog, you can have the hyperlink of your blog in your signature. If you don’t know how to do it, let us know. We shall do it for you. :smile:

5. Do avoid sms language if possible. I know it is a difficult task to type word-by-word completely from mobile. However, it is difficult for a reader to understand at times what you are saying. Also, our forum search algorithm will not understand it either. And that means that a person who is searching for the same thing as you have typed may not ever find it. So, I request all of you to make an effort on this. It would really be helpful to others. :smile:

6. Do fill in the tags- keywords or phrases (separated by comma) that are related to the essence of your post- box while creating a topic. Tags describe the content of your post in a mini way and help to sort your content.

That is all for now. Do let me know if you’re okay with this and also if you’d like some more rules included also.

Happy Sharing! :smile:

ShikhaSS ShikhaSS 

Hehe sir…will keep in mind :hihi:

Don't Worry, Be Sexy! ;)

nupoor_n nupoor_n 

:biggrin: finally. I’d gotten too busy to do this. :run:

René René 
    Participant

Sounds good to me! Bring them on. :smile:

"Only those who dare to fail greatly, can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy, Cape Town (1966)

Saloni_fizzy sparkles 

Awesomeeeee tips… :high5: :high5: loved the topic creation concept which has to be precise :jaiho:

Neet Neet 
    Participant

Awesome… agree to most of all.. :yes: :dance: :dance:

If you can dream it, you can do it..... :)

jomolimbb 

Cool Sanjeevji :dance:

tanya20025 
    Participant

Good to have some guidelines!

Tanya

Vinnimeow Vinnimeow 
    Participant

Yes Sir!! Agree to all the points. :yes:

poeticmorsels 
    Participant

Thank you Sanjeev sir :smile: :smile:

gratitude always

raipallavi16 raipallavi16 
    Participant

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Maahi Maahi 
    Participant

Soo true..yesterday I posted a topic,and the webwage crashed..and I posted it again…. :headbang: :headbang:

jyoti12345 
    Participant

I have posted a new topic today.where is it shown?

loveGargi loveGargi 
    Participant

Good tips..should be followed!

sutharsonali sutharsonali 
    Participant

can anyone of you guys please tell me how to start a new topic on madam gupshup ..i am not getting it?

ssj 
    Participant

Any reason moderation didn’t allow my topic to post??

gunnu 
    Participant

Sir i have been trying to reply on a post and it is showing again n again that u must log in first..I am already logged in.. :headbang:

gunnu 
      Participant

This problem is only on One particular post..Not with all posts :headscratch:

Esha Esha 
      Participant

This problem crops up at times.
      Log out and log in again, ok?

gunnu 
      Participant

Yeah..i logged in another browser n the problem was solved..Anyways Thank u :smile:

Suguna Suguna 
    Participant

Not able to see my topic which i have submitted rather it shows, duplicate topic :scared: you have already submitted it. but i cant see anywhere :nono: :headbang:

kriz kriz 
    Participant

But there is no option for deletion .. How can w delete smthng

Esha Esha 
      Participant

Trash first…the comment will show a delete opttion..then delete :smile:

kriz kriz 
      Participant

Trash?? Were is that option?? I m using this from mobile. I couldn’t find anything other than quote and reply

Mimly 
    Participant

dear sir,i would like to delete my recent topic in social issues if its not ok. please delete.

k smily 
    Participant

Hi every one. I am a silent follower to this group. Now i want to share some personal problem. how can i ask question my anonymous. pls help me

sham 
    Participant

Ok sir i will also keep in mind of all the rules :pompom:

Madhur 
    Participant

For all those who are confused about creating a topic on Madam Gupshup, I am uploading the pics below which will help make the process easier. Do check them :smile:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sapna_prasad Sapna_prasad 
    Participant

Hi rati didi
    Which saree is best to daily wear on rainy season.

makeupandbeauty.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.