Tretinoin for acne treatment

Forums 1A. Skincare Tretinoin for acne treatment

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  monicaram 3 days, 23 hours ago.

• Author
     mansi jain 
    Participant

Tretinoin is an acid form of vitamin A. I have been using it from past 1 month and I can’t tell you how much it has helped me for my pimples. Well to begin with I don’t really get as much pimples I used to get before but those occasional ones did leave a scar on my face. So I started using it when I read about it. I took a patch test before using.

So I apply it once every two days, at night, after CTM.

This has changed how my skin looks! It is so much plump, fewer acne scars and no new pimple popping up! My skin does peel a little bit after I use it but it is fine for me as I love the soft smooth skin. The only side effect is probably that your skin does become a little sensitive and you need to apply a sunscreen all the time. So I highly suggest it to people who get pimples every now and then, it might help you and you can buy it in any pharmacy, do a patch test though. Or consult your dermat if you can.

Share your experience if you have used it ever! Would love to know.

Apart from treating acne, Tretinoin also has other benefits. It helps in the healing of sun damaged skin, hyper pigmentation, makes your skin glow, reduces oiliness and minimizes wrinkles. The cream also helps in the formation of new blood vessels and new collagen, which will improve the overall appearance of your skin.

Read this online!

Saloni_fizzy sparkles 

That sounds really good mansi :high5: :high5: where do you get it and is “tretinoin” the complete name? I mean what should I tell the chemist? I keep getting pimples all the time and I have a habit of pricking them which leaves behind scars :headbang:

Saloni_fizzy sparkles 

That sounds really good mansi :high5: :high5: where do you get it and is “tretinoin” the complete name? I mean what should I tell the chemist? I keep getting pimples all the time and I have a habit of pricking them which leaves behind scars :headbang:

mansi jain 
      Participant

Ask for it in any pharmacy, they will give it to you!

jomolimbb 

Saloni – you can get tretinoin in combination – it’s a generic name – I use the hydroquinone + mometasone + tretinoin combination to treat acne as well as scars….

Krishnali 
    Participant

Hi,are you using cream or gel version of tretinoin? And can you please let me know the percentage.Thanks.

mansi jain 
      Participant

I use cream with 0.025% of it

Asmita23 Asmita23 
    Participant

I’ve used A-ret gel. It’s 1% tretinoin formulation. It’s the highest percentage available. It’s given me good results. After the initial peeling, my skin literally shines!
    As I already use sunscreen all the time so it didn’t feel like some additional step.
    But it’s not to be used every night. I use it 2-3 times per week n m sorted :pompom: :dance:

shubra 
    Participant

Hey all,after seeing this post I bought Tretinoin (0.025%) and there was no skin peeling in my case, not even little bit.Have to apply it for few more day to see the results.Thanks Mansi for the post :)

mansi jain 
      Participant

You are most welcome. And it’s fine if your skin is not peeling not everyone faces that! But yes do not forget the sunscreen even if you are home!

shubra 
    Participant

You are most welcome. And it’s fine if your skin is not peeling not everyone faces that! But yes do not forget the sunscreen even if you are home!

Yeah will surely remember the sunscreen. :)

monicaram 
    Participant

You have mentioned you use CTM..which means you are using a toner with tretinoin..this is contraindicated, as most doctors will tell you..toners contain ingredients that neutralize the effect of tretinoin..secondly this is a prescription only product..girls, please visit a doctor and get a prescription for it before you use it..it has several contraindications..like pregnant or breastfeeding women cannot use it and many more..please dont just buy it off a chemist and start using it randomly

makeupandbeauty.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.