Utilising commute time to office

Forums 1. General Chit-Chat Utilising commute time to office

This topic contains 15 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Esha Esha 1 week, 1 day ago.

• Author
     Smita T 

I would like to know how I can utilise my commute time to and back to office. Commute is 1 hour. Apart from listening to music and reading a book, what else can I do ? How do you utilise your commute time. Please suggest.

Anj 
    Participant

I talk with my bf . Thn aftr reaching home I do read news paper and all.

ShikhaSS ShikhaSS 

When I used to work in an office, I would read something or listen to music. I am not sure what else I can do on a super crowded train. :headscratch: You could try crocheting or knitting if you know how to. :hihi: Not sure which productive activity can be done during commute. Would love to see what others suggest.

Don't Worry, Be Sexy! ;)

pllvb pllvb 

Catch up with friends, call mommy, read IMBB and catch up with MG family, sketch interesting faces, befriend people whom you meet every day and then you can always nap :cool:

ID 
    Participant

Get some Audio books. I find them great while travelling.

Suchitra Suchitra 
    Participant

I travel an hour each way to work. In the morning, I use the time to say my prayers, plan out my work day and get my to-do list on my phone. In the evening, I mostly use this time to browse facecbook or catch up with friends on Whatsapp since my house is a no-phone zone after work because of my son. I also like to read so I sometimes read on the Kindle app on my phone. If I am in a creative mood, I might write my poems on my phone as well. I almost missed my stop once because of this. :hihi:

Be Positive and Keep Smiling! You are beautiful!!!

Krupa 
    Participant

I travel almost 1.30 hours each way everyday. Trains will be in silent mode always unlike India. So I don’t talk in my phone.I eat my breakfast. I start daydreaming.I also plan for the day and think positively. It is actually a stress-buster for me and it gives me positive vibes for the whole day.
    On return, I read some news, check social media and read some blogs.

Sanjeev 
    Keymaster

Through your phone apply for jobs which have offices near your home :smile:

Saloni_fizzy sparkles 

Trains are super crowded here in Mumbai.. so Reading and listening to music is the best thing.. you can also watch movies, it will refresh you up :high5: :high5: I use to read IMBB articles, comment on MG while going to the college .. you can also read news, that is how you will be updated about the things happening around :high5: :high5:

Madhur 
    Participant

I also used to read book or listen to music, but sometimes I used to play games, go through emails or articles I have bookmarked to read later, reply to messages, make to-do list, edit notes, mark important dates in the calendar. :smile: Also I used to check out what other people are doing around me, notice their habits, clothes, makeup, which book they are reading etc. :biggrin:

Dheeptha Kumar Dheeptha Kumar 

You can read e-books! :smile:

tanya20025 
    Participant

You can chit chat with your friends during this time as I used to do when I was in Mumbai and used to travel for an hour. As suggested by girls above, indulging in reading, thinking and listening to music are also some great ways to refresh yourself and kill time.

Tanya

Shuchita Shuchita 
    Participant

Hey Suchitra- when I used to take the train to work, I would write poems on my phone too. Or read books.
    Listening to audio books is a good way to pass time.

Suchitra Suchitra 
      Participant

Wow Shuchita. :high5: I used to listen to audio books when I was pregnant but somehow I prefer reading the books on my own. The voices they give the characters sometimes sound so different from the ones I imagined in my head that they put me off the book.

Be Positive and Keep Smiling! You are beautiful!!!

mansi jain 

I read articles,use fb or insta or watch youtube videos most of the time.

Esha Esha 

I look at the people and study their behaviors.
    Also I sleep :cool: :cool: :cool:

makeupandbeauty.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.