Would you want a house husband?

Forums 1. General Chit-Chat Would you want a house husband?

This topic contains 16 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Dheeptha Kumar Dheeptha Kumar 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
     Smita T 
    Participant

What if your husband wanted to be a stay-at-home-husband / father and take care of household duties. The primary responsibility of earning enough to run your home would fall on you. Would you want that ?

nupoor_n nupoor_n 

I respect a person who works. Even though money wise I was earning enough, I am not sure I’d be comfortable him not working. I’d have mine and his parents around, a full time maid, but would want him to work on something apart from just the household chores. My conscience doesn’t allow me for an able person to not work at all.

Crispy 
    Participant

No no!! I can’t take this in my life.. In case of emergency i can work but if asked for doing it always and husband will take your of household things.. I can’t

Esha Esha 
    Participant

I don’t prefer being a housewife, so won’t prefer a house husband as well. \sitting at home doing nothing makes a person suffer from complexes and depressions. \\\how ever little the earning is or even if there is none, a person must try to work on something.
    But I won’t mind if my husband works from home and also gives time for household works

Anj 
    Participant

I will be totally comfortable with it . I do earn enough to take care of our house but then he have to manage it effectively like I would have been . Not earning is not a big deal for me if he wants to be house husband, but his ego should not come inbtw.

pllvb pllvb 
    Participant

Well, more than what I want I guess it is upto the concerned individual. If they would like to dedicate themselves fully to household chores then so be it. If thats the choice he makes then I would encourage him to take on complete charge and be responsible for organizing, planning, appointments, travel plans,etc. Whatever floats their boat. I am cool with it :smile:

Saloni_fizzy sparkles 

Well I really liked the concept but c’mon it is pretty hard to accept.. I would want him working and earning and so would I.. and we can come together and do the household chores rather than only he or only me doing it :high5: :high5:

mansi jain 

Interesting enough! I would like a house husband just like ka!!

ShikhaSS ShikhaSS 

No, I would not. I can tolerate men only to a certain level and they become exceptionally irritable when they sit idle. Plus, I don’t think I am going to be a millionaire anytime soon, so would need second income as well. :hihi:

Don't Worry, Be Sexy! ;)

Captain obvious Captain obvious 
    Participant

I am fine with husband working from home or if his income is less than mine. But not stay at home hubby.
    He’ll arrange a maid ,sit on couch , drink beer and watch tv all day just like retired uncles in my colony (abled body ones who retired in their 40s and 50s) :hihi:

Neet Neet 
    Participant

Momentarily i wud definitely have him switch roles so he can understand and live the life a home sitting woman goes through after kicking her career/dreams/sumtimes goals to take care of a family, kids & him as well. I am sure in a month or so he wud rather want to take his role back as a working person coz its hardest thing to do in a life having potential/skills/ambitions to achieve sumthing but still sitting at home looking after persons who sumtimes take you for granted if not always and let the world judge you with all meanness. :yes:

If you can dream it, you can do it..... :)

Madhur 
    Participant

Lol Shikha your answered made me laugh but it’s truth too. :biggrin: I also don’t want a house husband for the same reasons as Shikha said. :hihi:

Mimly 
    Participant

Househusband will be like just sitting at home and doing household work and will enjoy with my money.If he runs office or hostel sitting at home that’s OK.But completing handling the household work and earning nothing is useless.Will go into depression.Plus negativity will run into his life.

Shuchita Shuchita 
    Participant

No I would not want a house husband because it simply would not work well for either ego. Though my husband does a lot of stuff around the house anyway while I spend longer hours at work. My husband also does not go out of town (he went once since my son was born) while I go for conferences alone all the time. I think I have a great life that way.

tanya20025 
    Participant

Iam not very sure. If I am earning well enough to cater to my family without any compromise on the standard of living, then why not! And I would be able to spend more time with my partner after I come back from work. :biggrin:

Tanya

Maliha Ahmed 
    Participant

Seriously this can never work..loads of issues ,ego, monetary,attitude!
    Recognizing each others efforts is nice but completely switching into one role is detrimental for the couple :pan:

Dheeptha Kumar Dheeptha Kumar 

No, I won’t :) But, I will want him to help me in few household works! :smile:

makeupandbeauty.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.